MDX Alpha 7III HOUSING for SONY a7 III
Housing designed for ease of use and weight underwater
Compatible with all the DX (NX) ports series. Larger diameter lenses can be easily removed through the increased housing port diameter to enable battery exchange in camera body without removing lens.
Sea&Sea engineers have designed a unique Buoyancy Pocket*, which can also accommodate accessories such as a mobile battery charger**, without compromising the overall size of the housing. The availability of an optional battery charger has addressed battery life of the camera and allows shooting for extended periods without concern of camera power loss.
The internal space also contributes to the reduction of the weight underwater. Combined with the lightweight camera body, we realized a phenomenal underwater weight of 700 grams***, eliminating the necessity to attach large floats.
MDX-α7III Other Features
- The Port Lock prevents the port from turning or loosening and the Port Lock lever is specifically located to avoid being unlocked accidentally.
The housing is equipped with a lens-lock release button which makes it possible to change lenses easily, without opening the housing.
- Pulling out the Focus/Zoom Dial gives sufficient room inside the housing to easily accommodate larger diameter lenses.
- The camera’s diopter adjustment dial can be operated from outside the housing. This feature is useful when two or more people with different eyesight use the housing.
- All controls have luminescence stickers which glow in dark environment.
- Equipped with the Optical Viewfinder 0.5x as standard. Other optional viewfinders such as the VF180 1.2x, VF45 1.2x and Optical Viewfinder 0.66x, 0.8x can be used.
?Some vignetting occurs.When the VF180 1.2x is mounted on housing, the uper part of the camera's viewfinder cannot be viewed due to vignetting.
- Sync Cord 2-pin Connector enables use of conventional hardwired Sync cable (Manual mode only).
- Equipped with two sacrificial zinc diodes (one on the front case and the other on the rear) to prevent electrolysis damage.
- Built-in leak sensor immediately alerts you to water ingress.
- Tripod screw mount is located on the centre underside of the housing.
- Equipped with under guard to protect from scrach.