Atomic Safe Second Inflator (SS1), Titanium Features
- Increased Safety in Out-of-Air Emergencies
- Lightweight, Streamline, Eliminates Backup-Regulator (Octopus)
- Easily-Operated with One-Hand
- Convenience, Reliability and Performance
- High Flow Second Stage
- High Flow Rates to Diver at Depth with Minimum of Effort
- Stable Not Prone to Free-Flow or Leakage from Water Movement
- Soft-Surfaced Buttons
- Adaptability to Almost Any BCD: Set-of-Adapters
- Quick Disconnect BCD Hose: Easily Unscrewed-to-Detach it Completely from BCD
- Carry or Store the SS1 with Primary Regulator and Gauges
- Inflator and Octopus Regulator in a Single Unit
- Reduces-the-Overall Bulk and Weight of your Dive Gear
- Eliminates Octopus Hose: Reduce Rig by One-Hose
- Convenient-and-Efficient Alternative to Dedicated-Octopus Second Stage
- Large Oversized and Ergonomically-Shaped Buttons
- Easy-to-Find for Pneumatic or Oral Inflation/Deflation
- Elliptically-Shaped Body Lies-Flat Against BCD Keeping it Out-of-the-Way and Reducing Drag
- Stainless Steel Dynamic Orifice is Pressure Energized
- Titanium Lever: High-Strength Metal will Never-Fail Due to Rust or Corrosion
- Integrated Purge Cover is a One-Piece Flexible Cover, Depress Anywhere on Cover Surface
- Titanium Inflation/Deflation Stem, Demand Valve Body,
- Titanium and 316-Grade Stainless Steel Quick Disconnect, Stainless Steel Orifice and Springs
- Silicone Rubber Mouthpiece and Diaphragm
- Housing: Durable Fiberglass Reinforced Nylon
- Dependable Downstream Demand Valve Design
- Weight with Hose: 13 oz (370 g)
- Hose Length: 28" (71 cm) with Standard 3/8" Threads
- Owner's Manual
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
More About This Product
Atomic Aquatics SS1 Safe Seconds
Why The SS1?
The SS1 is the newest and most sophisticated product of its type, taking the concept to new levels of convenience, reliability and performance as only Atomic Aquatics can deliver.
The SS1 Breathes Just Like A Primary
Atomic engineers a new level of performance into safe seconds
The SS1 is truly a fresh innovation on a longtime concept. While others prioritize the convenience of the combination, Atomic placed equal importance on superior materials, reliability and high performance natural breathing.
SS1 Performance & Durability
The SS1 delivers high flow rates to a diver at depth with a minimum of effort. It is very stable and not prone to unnecessary free-flow or leakage from water movement while swimming or during entries/exits. The inflator/deflator is easy to operate with soft surfaced buttons placed where they can be easily operated with one hand. The SS1 is constructed of quality materials not found in any other safe second on the market. The quick disconnect coupling, regulator valve body, and inflation and deflation stems are machined from type 316 Stainless Steel or Titanium to avoid corrosion that would eventually seize components or degrade performance and function. The regulator orifice and lever are Titanium for maximum strength and reliability.
SS1 Adaptability & Convenience
One of the most unique features of the SS1 is its adaptability to almost any BCD. We have designed a set of adapters to fit virtually every popular BCD brand available (and many that are not). The adapters also include components for attaching the cable exhaust feature of your existing BCD (if applicable). The SS1 features a quick disconnect not only on the low-pressure hose, but the BCD hose as well. The adapters that fit the SS1 to the BCD are connected to the SS1 with a threaded collar that can be easily unscrewed to detach it completely from the BCD enabling you to carry or store the SS1 with your primary regulator and gauges. The SS1 offers pneumatic or oral inflation for buoyancy control and back-up breathing in one small package.
• High-Flow LP Hose & Disconnect
The high-flow, low pressure disconnect is interchangeable with many other models yet smaller size and lighter in weight.
• Multi-Configuration Adaptability
The first product of its kind adaptable to a wide variety of BCD hoses and sizes. The SS1 can be fitted to virtually any make or model BCD. (U.S. Patent # 6,761,163)
• Ergonomic Controls
Large oversized and ergonomically-shaped buttons are easy to find for pneumatic or oral inflation/deflation. They are easy to distinguish and faced with soft tactile rubber surfaces.
• Low-Profile Elliptical Design
The elliptically-shaped body of the SS1 lies flat against the BCD keeping it out of the way and reducing drag.
• Unique & Convenient BCD Quick-Disconnect System
This feature gives you the option to remove the SS1 from the jacket for transport with your regulator system or use on another BC. (U.S. Patent # 6,761,163)
• Atomic Patented Seat Saving Orifice
Seat wear is the first cause of regulator leaks and performance degradation. The stainless steel dynamic orifice is pressure energized and only contacts the rubber seat when in use.
• Titanium Lever
This high-strength metal part is the link to your air supply and will never fail due to rust or corrosion.
• Integrated Purge Cover
One-piece flexible cover allows purge of the regulator when depressed anywhere on the cover surface.
• 2-Year / 300 Dive Service Interval
The same high-quality components, materials and designs as our primary regulators mean the same trouble-free operation and the unparalleled Atomic Aquatics service interval.
• Limited Lifetime Warranty
Just like the warranty on all Atomic regulators, it is not contingent on proof of annual service.